Subsidized Housing

Subsidized housing is Federal government sponsored economic assistance aimed at making housing affordable for people with low to moderate incomes.

  • Public Housing Authorities administer Public Housing and the Housing Choice Voucher Programs. Contact your local Public Housing Authority to apply.
  • Housing Choice Voucher (formerly Section 8 voucher) is the federal government’s major program for assisting low-income families, older adults, and people with disabilities to afford decent, safe, and sanitary housing in the private market.
  • Project Based Rental Assistance is federally assisted rental subsidies associated with specific housing developments or units and cannot be ported to other developments.

Related Links

For more in-depth assistance, contact your local MAP office directly or call the statewide toll-free number (1-844-627-5465).